What Is Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
Personally Identifiable Information (PII), as described in US privacy law and information security, can be used for identifying, locating, or contacting a specific person, or for identifying an individual in context.
Personal Information That We Collect
When you use Tutorshut.com’s website, blog, and Services, we may ask you to provide your phone number, email address, or other details to improve and streamline your experience with us.
All User-submitted information at Tutorshut will be stored in our database.
You may access and change any provided information via your personal account. Users are responsible for keeping their data updated and valid.
If you wish us to delete all your data and database records, please contact us via email at [email protected]. Your records will be removed in 2-3 business days.
We collect personal information, any necessary information to perform your requests, including but not limited to data you share when interacting with service providers, which may include but is not limited to name, date of birth, gender, etc.
If you upload videos or photos on Tutorshut.com, we may collect additional data or metadata, including but not limited to the date, time, and place the photo or video was taken.
We do not collect or keep, nor have access to any of your financial information.
What Do We Collect
Tutorshut.com gathers personal information that you enter when you register, sign up for a newsletter, complete a survey or other marketing communication, or use one of our Services, etc.
How We Use Your Information
We may use your email address for the following, but not limited, purposes:
- Sending newsletters, materials, and responding to requests or inquiries
- Processing Service requests and sending any information or updates for those requests
- Sending additional information related to Tutorshut’s Products and/or Services
- Following up with you after communication (live chat, email, or phone inquiries, etc.)
The CAN-SPAM Act sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out penalties for violations.
In accordance with the CAN-SPAM Act, we attempt to:
- Avoid using misleading or false email addresses or subjects
- Designate the message as an advertisement in a reasonable way
- Put the physical address of our site headquarters or our business in messages
- Check third-party email marketing services for compliance, where applicable
- Process unsubscribe/opt-out requests quickly
- Include an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email
If you do not want us to send you emails anymore, follow the instructions in the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails. Your email address will be removed from all correspondence and email subscriptions.
How We Protect Your Information
We can Tutorshut.com on a regular basis for malware, viruses, security breaches, and other known vulnerabilities to make your online surfing as safe as possible.
We store your personal information and data records behind secured networks. Only a limited number of Tutorshut employees have special access to these systems and are required to keep the information confidential.
All sensitive information provided to Tutorshut.com has been encrypted via SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology.
In case of a data breach, we will take the following responsive actions:
- Notify registered Tutorshut.com Users via email within 7 business days
- Notify Tutorshut.com visitors or other unregistered Users of the website and its services via an on-site notification within one business day
If you have any additional questions about this policy, please reach out to Us at [email protected]
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your computer, mobile phone, or another device which enable service providers or website systems to identify your browser, your User sessions, and capture and collect certain information.
Pixels are small blocks of code on web pages that allow servers to measure a web page’s viewing metrics and often are used in connection with cookies.
We use pixels, cookies, and local storage (which is similar to a cookie but collects and holds more information) to gather information about your behavior on the Tutorshut.com website, including but not limited to pages you viewed, links you clicked, your IP address, location, date and time you visited our website, track ad campaign performance and efficiency, and deliver relevant ads.
Cookies differ in their functionality and features, as well as their origin (i.e. they can be direct cookies from Tutorshut or third-party cookies).
There are session cookies, which are deleted as soon as your browser session is terminated. There are also persistent cookies, which are stored until their expiration date or until they are deleted from your browser.
There are few types of cookies:
Essential cookies: to enhance visitors’ User experience, such as storing your session data so you are not logged out every time you refresh the page or go to a different page.
Non-essential cookies: designed to enhance the visitors’ experience on the website, provide third parties with analytics and other types of visitor data, etc.
Non-essential cookies can customize your experience, for example, store your location data. Non-essential cookies also include performance and/ or analytical cookies that allow Us to detect and track site usage patterns and further improve the User experience.
Targeting cookies are used by third parties to track various types of marketing performance, for example, logging your visit and then displaying retargeting ads for our website when you visit other destinations online.
We use different types of performance, analytics, and targeting cookies and pixels, which include, but are not limited to:
- Google Analytics
- Google Dynamic Remarketing
In order to opt-out of any cookies that we use, you need to change the cookie preferences settings of your browser.
Please note that if you do this, our website might not perform as intended, depending on the types of cookies that you delete or terminate access for.
Find out more on how to delete/manage cookies at AboutCookies.org
This policy was last updated on 07/15/2018
Third Party Disclosure
We do not trade, sell, or otherwise transfer to third parties any Tutorshut Users’ personally identifiable information.
We reserve the right to release the User’s information when it is appropriate to comply with the law, fulfill Tutorshut’s policies, or secure our, or others, rights, safety, or property.
Nevertheless, we may provide to other parties visitors’ information apart from PII for advertising, marketing, or other purposes.
This policy includes disclosure exceptions. We may disclose your information to law enforcement and governmental agencies if there is a legal basis for such a request. We will only disclose the information if we believe that the party is acting in good faith, and under the following circumstances:
- Legal compliance
- Defense of legal and property rights of Tutorshut
- Investigations of possible crimes
- Liability protection on behalf of Tutorshut
Third-Party Behavioral Tracking
Tutorshut.com does not enable third-party behavioral tracking, including but not limited to demographics, pages you viewed, links you clicked, your IP address, location, and date and time you have visited our website.
How We Handle ‘Do Not Track’ Signals
When a DNT (Do-Not-Track) browser mechanism is turned on, we do not track that User’s activities, use advertising, or plant cookies.
Safety and Privacy For Minors
We do not specifically market, nor collect personal information from children under the age of 13 years old. Any minor is forbidden to use our site or its available services.
All residents of the European Economic Area and their personal data are protected by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Under its regulations, we have taken the necessary steps to ensure that you can correct or remove the personal data we have access to, as well as limit the way in which we can use this data.
You can inquire about the personal data that we store and request its complete deletion. Please contact Us at [email protected] with your request
If circumstances permit, your Personal Data rights are protected in several ways:
- You have the right to access, request deletion or correction to the personal data that we store about you. You can submit these requests either thought the support email or directly through the communications capabilities available in your personal account at Tutorshut.com
- You have the right to object to the ways we process your personal data, where applicable
- You have the right to request a change in the way we process your personal data
- You have the right to request a digital file in a commonly accessible format with a copy of all of your personal data that we store
- You have the right to refuse the processing of your personal data, as well as the right to revoke your consent to our data processing practices at any time
- You have the right to file a complaint about the way we collect and process your personal data with your local Data Protection Authority located in the EEA.